POSITION SUMMARY: The Service Desk Support Specialist is responsible for providing excellent customer service and support to all USAP associates by managing IT requests, incidents, and problems. Through effective use of written and verbal communication, the IT Service Desk Support Specialist sets and manages expectations with the customer by adhering to our ITIL-based Incident and Problem Management policies. Moreover, the Service Desk Support Specialist must be able to support customers by assisting members of the IT team by completing software installation and computer imaging requests, perform user account administration tasks, and support various IT initiatives by leveraging a variety of enterprise tools and utilities. The position may require travel up to 5% of the time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include but not limited to):
- Incident Management
- Log all IT Service Desk interactions and/or problem reports received via phone call or e-mail into USAP ITSM platform
- Set SLA priority of all incoming incidents
- Appropriately route and assign incidents within the IT department
- Manage ITSM platform including the USAP IT Knowledge Base
- Content stewardship of USAP IT Knowledge Base
- Advise on escalation requests
- Monitor the incident through its lifecycle
- Minimize time to resolve customer incidents by leveraging existing and new knowledge to resolve incidents during the initial call
- Maximize availability to support incoming incidents
- Consistently provide clear and accurate information when communicating with customers and IT team members
- Partner with IT team members to resolve incidents
- Provide support of laptops, desktops, workstations, mobile devices, and applications utilized by customers
- Actively update existing procedures relating to the IT Service Desk team's responsibilities.
- Own assigned projects and tasks within the IT Service Desk team.
- On-call, weekend and after-hours support may be required to maintain systems and support customers
- Travel up to 5%
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Demonstrate ability to learn and support new applications and technologies
- Relentless focus on providing a high degree of service by taking ownership of projects, tasks, and incidents
- Proactively identify and recommend updates or changes to existing processes, software, or hardware.
- Value self-accountability by taking ownership of assigned tasks and the incident management process
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills to maintain high levels of support in a dynamic environment
- Demonstrate the ability to complete initiatives, projects, and tasks on time
- One year of experience in providing end-user support
- Rudimentary knowledge of:
- Windows, Microsoft applications (e.g., Office suite, Dynamics, Lync/Skype for Business)
- Enterprise ticketing and asset management solutions (e.g., Track-It!, Altiris, SCCM, LANDesk, ServiceNow, Remedy, Zendesk)
- System imaging and deployment (e.g., Ghost, MDT, SmartDeploy)
- Mobile devices (e.g., iOS and Android devices, wireless data cards)
- Antivirus and malware clients
- Computer components (video cards, processors, RAM, SSD, HD)
- Experience in ServiceNow preferred
For more information on this job visit: https://vc5consulting.com/
VC5 Consulting has been named by business journals as one of the best places to work.
We offer benefits such as weekly pay, health insurance, 401k and even profit sharing to our consultants.